Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pandora Charm Addict

It's no secret that I am a Pandora fanatic! It all started in May when I went to buy a charm as a gift for my cousin's confirmation. While I knew what Pandora was all about, I always steered clear because I thought it was a gimmicky and juvenile cult to be part of. Charm bracelets, at 26? Really? But no, in that moment while looking at all the charms neatly organized in their tiny sections in the shiny glass cases, I became a victim!

Now you may not be a fan of Pandora, or not really care at all about it, but I just want to highlight some of the cool reasons to be a collector.

The best thing about Pandora is that there really is something there for everyone. Every unique charm tells a little bit about the wearer of the bracelet. I look at the bracelet as a puzzle, and the charms are the pieces that represent you and what you like.

The first charm I bought was the house charm. ($30). I found it fitting since I had just bought my house and was getting settled in, so I thought that would be a good starting piece. The house charm is one of the least expensive charms Pandora sells. Most of their charms are very affordable, which is why I think they are so popular. If you go to Tiffany's, their charms are $200 and up, making it impossible for the average woman to afford a charm bracelet there.


 
The second charm I purchased was the ballet slippers charm. It was really cute and had a pink stone on it. Dance has always been a big part of my life, so I thought that was a fitting piece to get.
I am not a representative for Pandora (although the way I talk about them, people think I should be) but I do really love their charms. They often have neat promotions, like last month if you spent $100, you got a free sterling silver bracelet ($75 value). And this month, since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, if you spend $100 or more, you get a free pink leather bracelet. I am going to the states this weekend, and with their promo, you only have to spend $85, so I will definately be taking advantage of that.
 
The new fall collection is out and I want to get the new crown charm. It is really cute, and since I am pretty much a princess, I think that should be part of my collection. I will also buy the Jack-O-Lantern since Halloween is coming up and it is my favourite holday afterall!
The most recent charm I purchased came all the way from England and is only exclusive to England! It's the Royal Wedding Charm. Eric's mom picked it up for me while visiting there last week. It's really pretty and heart shaped with the sapphire stone on it to represent Kate's engagement ring. And Catherine and William's initials engraved on the back. This is a rare charm because only so many were made. I am lucky to have one of them. There are lots of rare/unique/hard to find charms out there. I am determined to get as many as I can, including the dice charm, which is only available in Las Vegas!
 
 
Do you collect Pandora? What are your favourite charms?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment