Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Serendipity Salon - Review

This past weekend Eric and I got our engagement photos done in downtown Barrie. I had set up the shoot over a month ago, so I was really excited to have them done. We went for a winter photo theme, as we want to use the shots for our Save The Dates. We used Melyssa G Photography and couldn’t be happier with her. Her photos are amazing and she is a very sweet and fun girl. She had great ideas and made us both feel really comfortable. For the shoot I bought a giant pink balloon from Michael’s and some fun signs that I found on Etsy. Just to be different!

Since we all know the camera picks up absolutely every detail, for the shoot I decided I needed to have my hair and makeup professionally done. It took me a while to decide where I wanted to have my services done. There are only a few hair salons in Bradford, and I have only been to one before but it was ridiculously overpriced.

So last week while I was getting my laser hair removal treatment done at the Serendipity  Beauty salon in downtown Bradford, I asked my esthetician, Shannon, if they offered makeup and hair services. I wasn’t sure because I had only ever been to Serendipity for laser hair removal treatments. (Which are amazing and the prices are very fair). Shannon said they just hired a new girl, Chazz, who could probably do my hair and makeup for me on the day of the shoot. I like this salon, so I agreed to book with Chazz.

When I arrived for my appointment on Saturday morning, I was greeted by Chazz, who consulted with me on what I wanted to have done for both hair and makeup. She was very friendly, outgoing and made me feel really relaxed. We decided to go for a natural look for the makeup and add some volume and shape for my hair. The whole appointment took a few hours, but it felt like I was only there for 10 minutes. Chazz was so much fun, dancing around to 80’s pop tunes on her Ipod, and telling me fun stories from her career as a hair and makeup artist. It felt like I was just kicking back at a girlfriend’s house, sharing some laughs and doing hair and makeup.
Chazz used a nice copper shadow on my eyes. I rarely use copper because I always just go for a dark brown shadow, but the copper really made my eyes pop. She also used some light powder around my eyes  to give me a bit of a glow.
My hair was really fun and full of volume. I felt like a Barbie doll when I was all done.

I was really impressed with the service at Serendipity. It was a fun experience, and I just loved being made up by Chazz. All the photos from the session are not fully ready yet, but I will post some so you can see the work when I am done.

Both Chazz and Shannon are sweet girls and I am glad I found a good place to go to in Bradford. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, check them out!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment